1. What are the Casa Anita/ Corona del Mar (MEX-DEV) office business hours? OFFICE HOURS ARE 9:00 a.m. 10:00 p.m. everyday. We have a night watchman who is in the downstairs office from 10:00 p.m. to 9 a.m. every night except Monday night. The delivery staff go home at 5pm so if you need more beer, water, pop or bbq setup, please relay requests to the reception during the day. In the case of emergencies the manager resides in Corona #8.
2. Do I need to rent a car? NO, CASA ANITA is walking distance to everything. You may want to rent a car but on a daily basis to reach the farther out places. You are better off to walk or take taxis (which are affordable).
3. Where can I rent a car? At the Casa Anita reception.
4. How far is it to the beach from Casa Anita? PLAYA LOS MUERTOS (the main beach of Puerto Vallarta) is a four and one half minute walk from CASA ANITA.
5. How far is it to town from Casa Anita? The distance to the centre (Guadalupe Cathedral and Town Hall) is a twelve minute walk.
6. I hear there are a lot of steps in CASA ANITA. How many steps are there to the Penthouse? There are about 115 STEPS to the Penthosue. This is equivalent to 3 times the number of steps climbing into a DC-10 aircraft. Casa Anita and Corona del Mar do not have an elevator, but there are suites lower in the building with less steps if you prefer.
7. Is there a restaurant at Casa Anita? No we don’t have a restaurant on premises, however there are over 60 good restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance. We do however, have a MENU BOOK and coupons near the office which can help you decide which restaurant to go to. The street at the bottom of the hill from CASA ANITA is called Basilio Badillo or more fondly called CAFE ROW.
1. How do I reserve a Casa Anita/ Corona del Mar suite or other package? The easiest and most secure way to make your reservation is through the “Online Reservations” section of this website. MEX-DEV has a toll free phone number for reservations. (See contact us) You can also send us a fax or book through your travel agent. Prices do not vary between modes of booking.
2. Can I buy transfers to and from the airport with my package? We offer a one way transfer from the airport to Casa Anita, the cost is $15 USD per person with a minimum of 2 people. You can book the transfer when you book your accommodation, even up to a day before your departure.
3. Do I need to guarantee my reservation? YES. We require a $250 USD non refundable deposit at time of booking. Balance payment is due 45 days prior to your arrival date.
4. Is the room rate per person or per night? The room rate is per night based on the number of people you entered on the Reservation form.
5. Does Mex-Dev offer monthly rates? There are 2 suites at Casa Misty with a monthly rate and fewer services. We also offer monthly rates at Casa Anita & Corona del Mar. Call or email us for your monthly quote.
6. What is the charge for extra guests sharing in a suite? There is a charge of $10. USD for each extra guest staying in your suite between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
7. What credit card types are accepted for guarantee/deposit? Master card and Visa only.
8. My credit card number is correct, but the hotel is not accepting it. Why? There are a few possibilities: -Your card type is not accepted. -The card expiration date precedes the reservation date. -You have reached your credit limit. -There is a computer error.
9. What is the 17% room tax? The 17% TAX consists of TWO taxes. The first is the 15% I.V.A. (added value tax – like VAT in Britain and sales tax in CANADA). The other 2% is a HOTEL ASSOCIATION TAX that we are obliged to collect but which is dedicated to the advertising and marketing internationally of PUERTO VALLARTA exclusively.
1. Can I cancel a reservation online? No.
2. When can I cancel my reservation and not get charged for it? For full details see the cancellation policy. Click Here.
3. What is the cancellation policy on my reservation? On reservations fully paid, it depends when you are cancelling. Please see the policy written on your initial booking or Click here for more details in our Terms and Conditions.
Arrival & Departure
1. What are check in/check out times? Check-in anytime after 2:00 pm and check-out 12:00 pm. If you check out after 12:00 pm, you will be charged $20 USD for a late check-out. If your suite is not reserved for another guest, you can pay the $20 USD for the late checkout and stay in the room until 4pm. Please check with the reception to see if your suite is available for this service.
2, How close are you to the Puerto Vallarta International Airport? We’re located at the south end of town in the romantic zone and the airport is north of town. The cab ride to the airport is about 30 minutes.
3. Is there a hotel shuttle service to/from the airport? We don’t have a hotel shuttle but we offer a one way transfer from the airport to Casa Anita / Corona del Mar for $15 USD per person with a 2 person minimum.
4, Do I tip the taxi driver to and from the airport? We recommend that you save the tips for the HOUSEBOYS who will help you up the stairs to your suite with your luggage.
5.What taxes do we have to pay at the airport when we go home? All taxes should be included in your ticket. If you are taking a side trip to Guadalajara for example you will be asked to pay a domestic departure tax if it was not part of your international ticket. There is a new PVR Airport TAX being levied which equates to about $10. USD.
Services & Amenities
1. Do you have mini-bars in your suites? We have a full refrigerator in each suite.
2. Where can I do my laundry? CASA CORONA DEL MAR has a guests coin operated laundry room equipped with WASHER and DRYER and includes soap as well. You can purchase the coins at the reception desk.
3. Where can I lock up my valuables? Each Casa Anita/ Corona del Mar suite has a private lock-box for valuables. Bring your own padlock or rent one from the front desk at check-in.
4. When and what is the guest BBQ? The guest BBQ is every Wednesday evening from 7-11 p.m. from Nov. to March only if there are sufficient people and if it isn’t threatening rain. This is a semi-hosted party that takes place on the Casa Anita pool deck. Everyone “brings and broils their own” and we provide the free margaritas, canned music, dishes, cutlery, and we get the fire going.
5. What is the hospitality package? On reservations of ONE WEEK or more, we provide a FREE HOSPITALITY PACKAGE which is a small food and drink package that is placed in the suite prior to your arrival so that you have a cold drink and a snack. The package includes ham, cheese, a bun, butter, 2 eggs, a tomato, a grapefruit, a banana, a lime, a pop, a beer, a small bottle of bacardi rum, cofee, sugar and creamer.
6. Do you have baby sitting service available? We can arrange for baby sitting.